Status of Kerberos Support across Samba versions

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri May 5 15:33:25 GMT 2000

The "license" appears to be designed to prevent an Open Source
implementation.  I really have no idea what they are thinking.  Perhaps,
should an Open Source implementation appear, they are hoping that they
could tie people up in a legal mess.

The real question, however, is this:  What do we gain from knowing how
these fields are layed out?  They likely contain information specific to
W2K.  Samba jumps backwards through flaming hoops as it is trying to
generate valid-looking W/NT IDs.

Chris -)-----