Status of Kerberos Support across Samba versions

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri May 5 16:05:12 GMT 2000

"Christopher R. Hertel" wrote:
> The "license" appears to be designed to prevent an Open Source
> implementation.  I really have no idea what they are thinking.

	It's is a little off-topic, and rather contentious (;-))

> The real question, however, is this:  What do we gain from knowing how
> these fields are layed out?  They likely contain information specific to
> W2K.  Samba jumps backwards through flaming hoops as it is trying to
> generate valid-looking W/NT IDs.

	I doubt if it adds a whole lot, as we either need to develop
	the information independantly or obtain permission to
	implement from the specification.

	I'd be tempted to ask for the latter, as it might
	reflect very much to the credit of Microsoft to
	permit such.

--dave (who works for the other guys, but still thinks Bill is smart)
c-b
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com