Mapping NT groups to UN*X groups.

Marc Jacobsen Marc_Jacobsen at hp.com
Wed Mar 15 20:21:27 GMT 2000

Thomas,

The 2.0.X releases of Samba support mapping all the user names in a UNIX group
to one UNIX user, but no other type of "group mapping" is supported (at least
not through the username mapping file.)  Mapping NT groups to UNIX groups may be
a feature in other Samba branches like Samba-tng (the next generation), but as
far as I know, no Samba 2.0 release has that ability.  Sorry.

Marc Jacobsen
Hewlett Packard
I speak for myself only.