Windows 98 Encryption

Mielke, Gary R. (CGC) GRMielke at corpgraph.com
Wed Mar 15 21:44:19 GMT 2000

I am currently running  Samba 1.9.18p10 on a Irix 6.5.5.

I am having problems with connecting to our server running Samba with a
Windows 98 PC. I can connect up fine with the Windows 95 PC! I have read
that this might be an Encryption problem with Windows 98. Can anyone spell
out the specifics of what is needed to be done at the PC or at the Smaba
config and if there are any immediate drawbacks?

If moving to version 2.06 is the solution how can I make sure that my
printing services stay in tack with the upgrade or is it best to just
reinstall?

Thanks

Gary Mielke
TECHNOLOGY SUPERVISOR