Needs Help with Samba to authenticate to NDS

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Tue Jun 13 18:00:10 GMT 2000

Using PAM seems to defeat the purpose.  Novell is trying to sell NDS as a
single-signon solution for multiple platforms.  This is similar to what you can
do with Kerberos, NIS, etc.  If the normal Unix mechanisms don't work then it's
likely a bug in the NDS client on Solaris.

Sarabjit:
Just out of curiosity, can you use 'su' to change from a native Unix account to
an NDS account?

Chris -)-----