Keys to Happiness on OKbridge
OKbridge Customer Support
guesthelp at OKbridge.com
Fri Jun 9 15:56:31 GMT 2000
Dear OKbridge Guest,
Welcome to OKbridge!
Over the next 30 days, you can experience playing bridge with other
guests, as well as with some of our over 19,000 members from over 80
To make your experience most enjoyable, here are some tips that have
helped other future members like you:
1. Try to join a table that is appropriate for you. The fourth column
in the "Tables and Players" window shows the playing level at the table
(see the "Start Up Instructions" on how to reach the tables and
2. When joining a table, please say "Hello" or "Hi" .
3. Always ask to be seated at one of the open seats, don't just sit
down (more information on this in the "Start Up Instructions".).
4. Fill in your personal information on your stats page, indicating
your level. To do this, go to File, then click on Account, then click
on Edit your stats.
5. Never quit or leave the table when you are in a contract that
doesn't seem to fare well.
6. Always be courteous to your partner and your opponents.
7. If your bid is not natural, please explain the meaning to the
8. The server of the table makes the "rules" for the table. Please ask
the server any questions you may have concerning rules and ethics at
For a more detailed discussion of our Conduct & Ethics, click on the
underlined words below to visit our web site at:
Thanks and please enjoy your bridge games.
Director of Customer Service
To take the place of facial expressions and verbal comments, OKbridge
players frequently use symbols or abbreviations to express themselves.
Here are a few that you are likely to see:
:-) Happy face
:-( Sad face
LOL Laughing out loud
GLP Good luck, partner
TYP Thank you, partner
WDP Well done, partner
SAYC Standard American Yellow Card
To see a much more extensive list of expressions, try going to the
following web page (depending on your email program, you may be able
to just click on this text):
More information about the samba-technical