Limit to num of shares?

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Thu Jun 1 00:19:52 GMT 2000

Yes, they do. Try creating a network share, then mapping it from 11
different NT clients. You'll get a nice message telling you you've exceeded
your connection limit on the 11th client.

This may just be SMB connections - I've never verified it. But it
*certainly* exists and is enforced under NT4. I suspect the same applied to
Win2K pro.

And by the way - this really isn't the most appropriate forum to ask this
question. It's only very tangentially related to Samba. Other questions
(like tcpdump versions <ahem> ;o) have been even less so...

Cheers,
Phil