functionality currently working in samba-tng 2.5.3

Christopher M. Smith cms at colltech.com
Mon Jul 24 16:52:29 GMT 2000

Hey all--

I'm still banging my head on this one.  If someone wouldn't mind,
please either point me to a document that lists the current
functionality implemented with 2.5.3 samba-tng or drop me
an email with a bit of assistance so that I am not
trying to do things that aren't currently fixed or working.
As I said in my earlier post, the things I am most concerned
with are:

-BDC functionality for a samba BDC to join a samba PDC
-profile support for servers authenticated by a samba PDC
-pam_ntdom support for doing domain style logins for
 UNIX machines specifically on Solaris boxes.  I was unable
 to get the pam_ntdom or winbindd to compile.

My apologies for a repost--I'm just pretty stuck here.

Regards,

CMS

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 08:36:40PM -0500,
Christopher M. Smith <cms at colltech.com> states:

-> Hello all--
->
-> I've been following the archives of the samba lists avidly trying
-> to determine what aspects of the samba-tng code are currently
-> implemented and what are not, as well as referring to the
-> excellent faq that Lars Kneschke has placed on his website
-> to move towards implementing a samba-TNG machine on my home
-> network.  My main question is, does the current code support
-> setting up a samba BDC to a samba PDC?  From the FAQ, I would
-> believe that it can, but all attempts I've had at doing so
-> have resulted in failure.  If someone could confirm which
-> of the following currently are working and which are not
-> I would appreciate it.
->
-> -BDC functionality for a samba BDC to join a samba PDC
-> -profile support for servers authenticated by a samba PDC
-> -pam_ntdom support for doing domain style logins for
->  UNIX machines
->
-> Any help or suggestions that you can give me I would appreciate.
->
-> Regards,
->
-> CMS