smbmount with SSL

Lee S. Whatley whatl004 at bama.ua.edu
Thu Jul 20 03:22:06 GMT 2000

Hello,

I'm trying to compile Samba 2.0.7 with smbmount and SSL support
(configure --with-smbmount --with-ssl) so that I can do encrypted
incremental backups of smbmounted shares to a harddrive but have been
unsuccessful in getting samba to build thus far.  Everything compiles
fine, but smbmnt will not link.  Here is the output:

Linking bin/smbmnt
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/smbmount] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/smbmnt] Error 1

If I configure it without smbmount support everything compiles and links
fine.  Could someone please help me fix this.  I've tried looking
everywhere else I can and have been unable to find an answer.  Thanks.

-Lee S. Whatley