nmbd extensions

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Fri Jul 14 14:06:39 GMT 2000

Shaun wrote:
[...]				There is more that
> can be done with this, for example windows NT tries to publish
> (exclusively) a 03 type netbios name for all the logged in users, which of
> course makes NET SEND function the way it does.
> Anyways, cutting to the chase, I hope to modify nmbd so that a
> parameter 'name file' or something similar in smb.conf will be able to
> point it at a file that contains names and types that the server should
> publish in addition to those in the smb.conf file.

	It sounds sane, but I'd make it a series of
	smb.conf options, such as "nmbd publish * 03"
	for "publish all users" (which would cause messages
	to go to the server of course, which may not be what
	you want!)

	The team is/was in printer hell, but is working toward
	more functionaility in a 2.x release, and a means of
	generalizing nmbd parametrs might be cool (;-))

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com