Multiple WINS Servers Enhancement

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri Jul 7 05:18:20 GMT 2000

Well, see, there's a practical problem here...

We certainly can change it to search a list.  Folks with NT WINS servers
can set up replication so that there are multiple WINS servers with
synced lists.  However:

- It only works with NT WINS servers.
- Windows clients will only be able to address two of them.

Again, there's nothing wrong with doing what's described below, it's just
that the actual value diminishes as the options narrow.

This also means that we're going to want to implement WINS replication
ourselves.

If you guys don't mind I'd like to implement this patch, and modify it as
described below.  Regarding WINS replication: JF, any chance you still
have those port 42 sniffs?

Chris -)-----