Netatalk support in Samba (reposted)

Kevin P. Fleming kfleming at access-laserpress.com
Fri Jan 28 00:13:53 GMT 2000

Actually, no, it's much simpler than that. The netatalk support in Samba was
put in so that when Samba and Netatalk are sharing the same directory
structure out to both Windows and MacOS users, the Windows users would be
able to move file around, change permissions, etc, without losing the
MacOS-specific file information (the resource forks, which Netatalk stores
in .AppleDouble directories).

Some of this support was written, but not all of it (just some support
functions).