design help needed with standard_sub_basic()

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sun Jan 23 19:19:14 GMT 2000

ok, i tried some mods to substitute local_machine, remote_machine,
remote_arhch etc etc, all the stuff that standard_sub_basic() needs with a
global structure instead.

the uses of all these substitution variables is waay too spread out _all_
over the samba source code, i don't feel confident in dealing with it, i
get the impression that i'm missing something here, not least a merge of
samba development branches.

i'll wait till next week to get some feedback on ideas and alternatives
before tackling this one, it's a bit too big.

luke

 On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
wrote:

> help, help, this is starting to get a little bit beyond me.
> standard_sub_basic() i need to call with a pid/vuid from smbd, because it
> totally reconfigures.
>
> *but*... standard_sub_basic() is called from lp_string() which is used to
> set up lp_parameters() in the [global] and [sharenames] sections by
> FN_GLOBAL_STRING and FN_LOCAL_STRING macros.
>
> so i'm in trouble.
>
> this implies that i should be using an smbd_standard_sub_basic() and a
> non-smbd standard_sub_basic(), where smbd_standard_sub_basic() calls into
> standard_sub_basic().  i think.
>
> help!

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals