Profiles and Samba and logon path etc

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sat Jan 15 15:46:10 GMT 2000

richard,

please can you sent the GETDC request and response (UDP 138) traffic to
this list, as a text-hex dump?

love you forever!

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well, I have now traced a Win95 login to an NT PDC, and I see similar
> results, except that NT uses UNICODE.
>
> That is, Win95 does a NetUserGetInfo to retrieve info, and it dumps the
> profile in the home directory, despite my having set the profile path to
> \\Server\user\profile ... in User Manager for Domains.

yess :) told you so, even before i read this message.

oh well.  at least we can be bug-for-bug compatible with NT on this one.

this should be documented in smb.conf.5: "profile path" is an NT Domain
Client specific option that is ignored by Win9x.