Ethernet Errors - One Direction Only

John john at jjgb.com
Fri Jan 7 01:54:04 GMT 2000

Hi Steve,

At 10:13 AM 1/6/2000 -0600, Stephen Langasek wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, John wrote:
>

>> (c) I looked in my /proc/sys/net/ipv4 and couldn't find anything related
>> (in english) to mtu.
>
>> Does anybody know how to correctly tweak the variables in the tulip driver?
>>  There are some comments about user settings and I have tweaked a couple,
>> but have now put them back to the defaults where they were.
>
>MTU is set using the ifconfig command, e.g.: /sbin/ifconfig eth0 mtu 4242

That was a slight misstatement on my part.  Please excuse.  Was looking for
something related to RMU or anything that could control the RX buffer.
Again, my mistatement..

>> BTW, the tulip driver that came with 2.2.13 Kernel (From kernel.org, not a
>> distro) etc, did not work.  Used the tulip from the install disk provided
>> by Linksys.
>
>The ethernet drivers that ship with the kernel tend to be out of date.  For
>whatever reason (probably stability concerns), the kernel team is always a
>little slow to integrate Donald Becker's newest toys. :)

This I have found to be true.  Tough to keep up when things are moving
soooo fast <G>

>-Steve Langasek
>postmodern programmer

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>
DSS Key ID: 0x5E90BEC7   <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/DSS_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
    The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                   - Anonymous