TNG --with-ldap: troubles (big)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Jan 4 18:02:19 GMT 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Ignacio Coupeau wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > > On the other hand, I'm testing TNG branch, but I have some troubles
> > > "samba-TNG: CVS update....".
> >
> > *interested*.
> >

> I'm testing... RH 2.2.10; LDAP 1.2.7 running wit debug 16, etc.
> Compiling with --with-ldap
> I think the LDAP is ignored at all... none of the 4 test binds any to
> the smbd. So I can't test anymore because the smbpasswd ignores the
> ldap...

in SAMBA_TNG?  yes.  both schemas are _not_ what was originally planned.
jean-francois wrote a very good schema, and i broke it.  someone then sent
in a patch for 2.0.3-or-so, _just_ around the time when i was writing the
"password database api", and no - i didn't want it to go into 2.0.x, we're
not ready to finalise the schema.  they didn't send a patch in that
conformed to the new pwdb api.

so, we have a problem, there.  if anyone wants to fix it, they're most
welcome.  i'd recommend talking to luke howard about appropriate schemas,
and to make sure that the finalised schema is useful to provide
SAM-database-like data _and_ confirms to rfc2307 (may be 2037 :-).