Who is using Samba with LDAP and how?

Martin Hofbauer mh at bacher.at
Wed Jan 5 12:43:55 GMT 2000

I have run a working test environmet 1 year ago with 2.1prealpha, and waiting
for a "stable" version with ther 2.0.x features/bug-fixes included for
production ( btw: is the 2.0/2.1 merge already in the CVS tree ? )

I have implemented the rfc 2307 LDAP-scheme.

I have not done any testing with latest code !

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in knowing who is using Samba with LDAP and how?
>
> What schemas etc?  How well is it working? Have the recent changes in the
> source code structure caused you problems etc?
>

> Regards
> -------
> Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
> Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.zing.org)
> Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
> Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course

Martin Hofbauer                                       IT-Consulting
phone : +43 (1) 60 126-34                   Bacher Systems EDV GmbH
fax   : +43 (1) 60 126-4                         Wienerbergstr. 11B
e-mail: mh at bacher.at                         A-1101 Vienna, Austria