Using NT registry calls to solve CR-LF issue with text files.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Feb 7 21:49:02 GMT 2000

if you're concerned about >64k, create a DCE/RPC pipe.  send me an IDL
file, i'll create parsing code for it, and add it to samba.

security gets "automatically" added by the underlying DCE/RPC over SMB
mechanism so you don't even have to worry about it.

your first impl. should, however, be an SMB \PIPE\LANMAN IPC$ RAP call, in
smbd/lanman.c  OH, sorry, i mean smbd/ipc.c.

actually, i'd prefer it if your first impl. was the DCE/RPC one, because
then the IPC$ can can be implemented in _terms_ of the DCE/RPC one, as the
DCE/RPC one will just be a function call.

actually, two.  one to get unix security info, one to set it.

should be simple to do.

i'll help you write, or i will write,  DCE/RPC client and server code on
samba, if you create the IDL file and worry about the Win95 and NT side.

luke

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Gunnar Degnbol wrote:

> At 08:32 08-02-2000 +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >it's got-around by moving to DCE/RPC, which is what DCOM uses.  have yuou
> >done DCOM work before?
> Not a lot more than "hello, DCOM".  So I should use an RPC call to call a
> function designed for the purpose instead of trying to squeeze it into the
> lan manager API. But how about authentication etc. ? The function should
> somehow be integrated with the security in SMB, so not just anybody can
> call it.

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals