Still no solution after 5 months(!) - Transfer speed problems (oplocks?) with Samba 2.0.7 and Win2K Pro

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Thu Dec 21 16:09:13 GMT 2000

exactly, it's a matter of personal oppinion/preference.  There are pros and
cons on both systems, so pick what you like.  :)

I just finnished installing RedHat Linux 6.2/Sparc onto a 25Mhz Sun Sparc
Classic, and I can't beleive how much faster  it is than the Sun OS was...
It could be because of how thin it is though... I have a basic install, with
nothing extra at all, just the kernel, and the basic utilities, and net
tools, then CommuniGate Pro mail server, and it handles my mail throughput,
every bit as quick as my 100Mhz i586 firewall used too... Of course I don't
have a big load on it.  So it works for me... :)