warnings on compile

Klein, Christopher CKlein at s-3.com
Thu Dec 14 19:57:11 GMT 2000

	Hi there, I am trying to install samba on an ftp server running
freebsd 4.1 I am getting the following warning repeated many times on the
initial make (I did run the configure step first, and I consulted the
appropriate readme documents)
	Warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp
	As the security on microsoft products are suspect at best, I do not
want to add to the insecurity of the network by adding insecure binaries on
the unix platform if it can be avoided. Is there some kind of switch or
other modification that will allow the compile to use mkstemp() and not
generate this message. any other suggestions
	Thanks
	Christopher Klein
	Social and Scientific Systems
	cklein at s-3.com