Possible problem porting swat

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Aug 28 22:15:50 GMT 2000

It sounds as though the MIME header is messed up.  When I look at
DIAGNOSIS.txt there is no MIME header so the local web browser should be
going to its MIME configuration (which should say that .txt is raw text). 
It might be worth-while to look at the source as SWAT is presenting it to 
see if some sort of header is being added.

On the Samba web pages we have a file called DIAGNOSIS.html, which 
contains only:

<!--#include virtual="/samba/header.html" -->

<!--#include virtual="/samba/ftp/docs/textdocs/DIAGNOSIS.txt" -->

<!--#include virtual="/samba/footer.html" -->

Thus providing the <pre></pre> block to protect the text.

Chris -)-----

[Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> I have been using swat for a while on the Stratus Samba port, but I just
> discovered a weird problem.
> I have added links to the FAQ's at the bottom of the swat home page (and
> slightly re-organized the docs directories).
> I found a link to the DIAGNOSIS.txt and clicked it. The page gets displayed,
> but there is no formatting. Basically it all runs together.
> If I just grab a snippet of html and create a test.html in my home directory
> with a link to DIAGNOSIS.txt everything works fine.
> The only difference is that the failing version uses swat and the working
> version is normal (via a samba home dir share) html.
> I would like to re-solve this in order to give my users the ability to read
> and learn about samba via swat. I don't believe in re-inventing the wheel.
> TIA,
> Ron

Christopher R. Hertel -)-----                   University of Minnesota
crh at nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services

    Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them
    with your hands...you choose them as your guides, and following
    them you will reach your destiny.  --Carl Schultz

More information about the samba-technical mailing list