Filling the DRIVER_INFO_3 struct from the command line

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sat Aug 5 10:11:16 GMT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Just think of the UNISTR as strings (UNICODE strings
> in reality).
>
> <aside>
>   Jean Francois, why is the 'dependentfiles'
>   and unistr16* instead of a UNISTR**?
> </aside>

because at the time I wrote that code, smb_io_unistr() wasn't able to cope
correctly with empty strings. Empty strings are different from NULL
strings. And so instead of breaking hundreds of smb_io_unistr() calls, I
rewrote I own array_of_null_terminated_string parser function.

>         foreach line in printers.def
>                 rpcclient ... $line
>         done
>
> <aside>
>   JF, I think these are all simple filenames and not
>   necessarily absolute pathnames.  Is this right?

They should be absolute but that's not a requirement. The MSDN is not 100%
clear on that. We already talk on that specific point with Jeremy and John
from HP about 3 weeks ago. I added to nt_printing.c a
clean_up_driver_struct_level_3() when I commited the code to move the
drivers.

>   Also, I do not think there is any reason to support
>   a client side level 6 DRIVER_INFO struct as this is
>   specific to Win2k.  Yes or no?

we should support a level 6 on both client and server for the long term.
Level 3 will get deprecated and will stay only for backward compatibility.

	J.F.