Quickbooks Pro 6.0 file sharing with samba

Casey Dinsmore cdinsmore at vatyx.com
Fri Aug 4 19:52:03 GMT 2000

I recently replaced our windows fileserver with a redhat 6.2 samba
server running, 2.0.6, which I am going to update to 2.0.7 tonite when
everyone goes home.

Anyhow I have experienced some strange things and wonder if there might
be a option that I don't know to set that may fix the strange
occourances we've been having.. Quickbooks Pro 6.0 can run in a
multi-user mode, in which up to 5 users can work on the datafile
simultainously.
My share is as follows.

[admin]
comment = Admin
path = /raid/admin
public = no
writable = yes
valid users = accounting
oplocks = no
veto oplock files = /*.qbw/*.QBW/*.qbi/*.QBI/
locking = no
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777

Now some users are experiencing some weird errors, and they are
different. One user when trying to update a packing list would get
exception errors, while another use while trying to update a purchase
order quickbooks would abort with a error like (QB60 R4 m=1048 l=4045
c=265 v=-1 FFFFFF). Has anyone had any experience with something like
this?

Are there better options for unlocking files for multi-user use which i
didnt know to set?

Thanks,
Casey Dinsmore
Network Administrator / Webmaster