Samba 2.0.7pre4 compatibility with w2K?

ying at almaden.ibm.com ying at almaden.ibm.com
Wed Apr 19 15:22:52 GMT 2000

No, the clients died with message like "Mix failed: rename
~dmtmp/CDRW/GRAPH1.CDR to @@@CDRW failed".
The similar thing happened with the all the failed delete operation, i.e.,
I got message like "delete xxx failed".

I checked the W2K event log and Samba log (with debug level = 3), it looks
like nothing wrong happened.
The Samba log said all the rename operations were successful.  If there are
other things that I can do to help trace down the problem,
I'd be happy to do it and provide some feedback.

My errors did not happen on a particular client. It happened pretty much
with all W2K clients, just at different times. Also, not all of the clients
would
die, just some.  I don't know if the speed of network and machine/disk made
the difference. I have a fairly powerful Samba server in my lab. It
is a 4-way xeon Dell Poweredge with 2G mem, 6 10,000 RPM drives, and 1
gigabit card. All the clients and the server are connected to a 3com
gigabit switch with most gigabit cards. I don't know if this helps. But
just in case....

Thanks,

Ying

David Collier-Brown <davecb at canada.sun.com>@scot.Canada.Sun.COM on