2.0.5a on Unixware 2.0.x - getspnam() and interfaces problem

Andrej Borsenkow Andrej.Borsenkow at mow.siemens.ru
Wed Apr 19 07:44:43 GMT 2000

I understand, that the version is already a bit old. May be, it is
already known and fixed in current release.

I recently have been qsked about the SWAT problem on above plattform -
nobody could login. It turned out, UnixWare 2.0.x is using /etc/shadow
and getspnam() & Co. live in -lgen. configure does not check for
getspnam() in this library.

After setting LIBS=-lgen and re-configuring all works.

Also, it cannot auto-detect interface code. But may be with new
interface code the problem is already gone.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to this system anymore, but I
thought, I pass this further anyway.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>