Samba 2.0.7pre4 compatibility with w2K?

ying at almaden.ibm.com ying at almaden.ibm.com
Wed Apr 19 05:01:48 GMT 2000

Hi,

I ran some netbench tests against Samba 2.0.6 and Samba 2.0.7pre4 with a
bunch of w2K clients.
Half of the W2K clients died when I ran against 2.0.6. When I ran against
2.0.7 pre4, I had probably around
10% of the clients died. The actual number probably doesn't mean anything
here, but my observation is
that the number of clients died reduced with 2.0.7 pre4.
In both 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 tests, almost all the errors occur on Netbench
rename and delete operations.
I can run the same tests using NT without a single error.
I also turned debug on with Samba, I don't see any particular interesting
error messages.
Does anyone see similar problems or know some fixes?

Ying