Samba 2.0.7pre4 compatibility with w2K?

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Apr 19 13:20:55 GMT 2000

ying at almaden.ibm.com wrote:
> I ran some netbench tests against Samba 2.0.6 and Samba 2.0.7pre4 with a
> bunch of w2K clients.
> Half of the W2K clients died when I ran against 2.0.6. When I ran against
> 2.0.7 pre4, I had probably around
> 10% of the clients died. The actual number probably doesn't mean anything
> here, but my observation is
> that the number of clients died reduced with 2.0.7 pre4.
> In both 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 tests, almost all the errors occur on Netbench
> rename and delete operations.

	I did a similar test last week with a borrowed lab,
	and didn't get things to break, but rename is slower
	than I'd like. The slowness was ufs, not Samba, though.

	Did the clients die with "... has done an illegal operation" ?
	My failures were illegal operations, and were specific
	to a the same machines in most cases.

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com