make install/codepage segmentation

David Collier-Brown - Sun Canada davecb at scot.canada.sun.com
Thu Apr 13 13:36:07 GMT 2000

You wrote:
| I'm trying to compile samba-tng-alpha-2.2 on a Sparc 20 (32-bit kernel)
| using the SUNWspro C compiler, but I don't think the compiled code will
| be too reliable (if it actually finishes compiling).  I see lots of
| these messages:
|
|  	"warning: argument #x is incompatible with prototype"
|  	"rpc_parse/parse_lsa.c", line 470: warning: statement not reached"

	I've been compiling 2.0 through 2.0.7 alpha 3 using
	the Sun compilers at work and gcc at home, with no real
	problems.  SC5.0 is pickier about type clashes, but most
	are warnings.  When you get an error, you'll know: it aborts!

	And yes, there indeed are unreachable code snippits in
	2.0.x, usually extra return statements after loops with no
	exit.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown in Boston