Samba and Quota (Linux)

Andreas Abach Abach at LKT.Uni-Erlangen.de
Thu Oct 14 07:15:44 GMT 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 02:27:16 +1000, Frank van Maarseveen wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 02:02:23AM +1000, Celso Kopp Webber wrote:
>> Whenever a Windows client tries to
>> write a file that goes beyond his/her hard limit quota, the file seems to be
>> created with the correct size, but it gets truncated on the server's
>> filesystem.
>Unless there's no error code this is not a bug. When a file is opened, seeked

I think this is a bug. If the Window-user gets an error-message, but
can see a file written to disk with the correct size(beyond his/her
hard limit quota). What shall he think ?
I know what he will think. He won't care about the error-message and
will be happy about his file. So he will collect damaged files till he
opens them again.
So my suggestion would be to erase the file again(by samba), if it cant
be written completely to disk.

Andreas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Abach *KT Lehrstuhl fuer Kunststofftechnik Uni Erlangen
 Tel. +49-9131-85-297-06 * Fax.: -09 * email: Abach at LKT.Uni-Erlangen.de