vote / opinions required on rpcclient

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Sun Nov 28 03:10:36 GMT 1999

Greg Dickie writes:

> errr... please no! IMHO you have 2 kinds of people using samba: The UNIX guys
> who don't know (and don't want to know) NT, and vice-versa. I think rpcclient
> appeals to the UNIX sysadmin types.
>
> Could you not just create a bunch of scripts or aliases that would
> give you those NT commandsbut use rpcclient under the covers? That
> would make everybody happy, unless you want to put the WIN32 windows
> in there ;-(

You could always do the check the name of argv[0] and have the
executable behave differently depending on the name it was invoked as
trick.  Not sure how portable this is though.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer              "This could lead to
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg      excellence, or