followup on utmp/wtmp logging (postexec)

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Nov 26 13:01:42 GMT 1999

Jason Haar <Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz> wrote:
> However, note that logouts hardly ever occur. I ended up with 100's of
> people "logged in" for months before I realised WinBlows has a
> million-and-one ways of disconnecting from a share - of which only one is a
> formal logout (that would run postexec).

	I just looked at the code: the common path on a timeout/failed
	keepalive is to return from smbd_process();

	I suspect an exit_server case might be in order, after the
	if (True) loop, reached by using breaks instead of returns.
	It's slightly non-obvious if this would suffice, though...

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   |
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/author.html
Work: 905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com