Modem Access via SMB

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri May 21 13:48:29 GMT 1999

Hi,

someone pointed out that I was not clear enough in what I wanted in my last
EM.

I need to provide a central bank of modems that a number of Win 9x users
can use, rather than placing modems on each PC.

I am lead to believe that this can be done with Windows, and I wonder if
anyone has any traces of the actual protocol used?  Does it simply use the
IOCTLs that are part of the SMB protocol for controling the remote device,
while treating it essentially as a file otherwise?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Samba (Team member www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member www.zing.org)
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author, First Australian Linux Course