help on win95 to Solaris printing

Dan Christopherson danch at str.com
Wed May 12 12:56:54 GMT 1999

We have a Solaris 2.6 box running our printer.
Here's what we have (printer related) in smb.conf:

        load printers = Yes
        log level = 1
        print command = lp -c -o nobanner -d%p %s; rm %s
        log file = /var/opt/samba/smb.%m
[printers]
        writeable = no
        guest ok = yes
        printable = yes

You may also need 'printcap name = lpstat', although that should have
been autodetected (at ./configure time). That just tells samba that your
using the Sys V style print system (it runs lpstat -v and parses its
output).

That should at least give you a place to start.

danch

--
Dan Christopherson (danch)
STR Senior Consultant (www.str.com)