OpenDir(NULL, ...)

Matt Chapman matthewc at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun May 2 07:21:22 GMT 1999

Tim,

While investigating some core dump problems in HEAD I've just seen two
places where we have OpenDir(NULL, ...), which is not healthy as
OpenDir starts with:

  DIR *p = conn->vfs_ops.opendir(name);

One case is in printing/nt_printing.c (where we want to open a driver
configuration directory), another is in smbd/chgpasswd.c (opening /dev
to find an available tty) - neither of these wants to go through the
VFS. You're probably in a better position to decide how to handle
this...

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

"I have a dream... that one day, my three little children will be
judged not on the quality of their character, but on the content of
their code..."