generalising source of smb.conf

nigel.williams at nomura.co.uk nigel.williams at nomura.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 09:25:15 GMT 1999

The idea was to very simply allow alternate methods for accessing Samba
configuration data without breaking any existing code.  The read method
for a standard file path would simply return the path to the file.
However if someone wanted to say write an executable smb.conf generator
they could simple write a module, say

libexeconf.so

and use

include execonf://import/%m/executable_smbconf.sh

within a standard smb.conf

Nigel Williams