coding binge coming on.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Mar 8 17:06:32 GMT 1999

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Todd Sabin wrote:

> Luke wrote:
> >
> > that requires info from microsoft on how they obfuscate an area of the rpc
> > code that contains six buffers (four unicode strings: two passwords).
> >

> Which call is this?  I did this while sniffing.  The calls made were
>
> SamrOpenDomain(0x7)
> SamrCreateUser2InDomain(0x32)

maybe this one.

> SamrQueryInformationUser(0x24)
> SamrGetUserDomainPasswordInformation(0x2c)
> SamrSetInformationUser2(0x3a)

or this one.

> a couple of SamrCloseHandle(0x1)
>
> The SamrSetInformationUser2 call looks to have some ugly stuff in it.  Is
> this the one you're referring to?  I have the sniff if you want it.

it's going to be full, in the middle, of total garbage, probably
surrounded by mostly null chars.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99