new parameter: "secure include"

CAE Samba Admin caesmb at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Thu Jun 10 19:29:34 GMT 1999

> My thinking is to *replace* secure include(which is a great stopgap) with
> a command that allows the admin to dynamically generate their includes
> and/or evaluate new includes.  So, for example you could have only certain
> parameters allowed, certain groups, username that exists in an arbitrary
> text file, etc.

    Whoa!  That is way out of my range of progamming cababilities (at least
as far as integrating it into something as complex as samba).
    I was thinking something along the lines of:

    secure include = samba/lib/dept.conf, samba/scripts/dept.sh

    where samba/scripts/dept.sh is a bash (or perl, tcsh, whatever) script
that returns where security clearance is met for samba/lib/dept.conf.  That
is probably within my abilities. :)

> This is all related to some new stuff I'm documenting up, so that's where
> this comes from.  Basically, hardcoding things like "security" is very
> dependant on what one specific site defines as security...

    Very true.