Warnings under OpenBSD

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Jun 7 20:17:28 GMT 1999

I've been fiddling with Samba on OpenBSD in an effort to help with the
trapdoor.c problem on that platform.  If I run ./configure under my own
account, the trapdoor.c test in never run.  As Dana pointed out, Samba
2.0.4b then runs correctly under OpenBSD.  However, the following
compile-time warnings are generated (these are sorted and uniq'd):

lib/util_sec.o: warning: this program uses setregid(), which is deprecated.
lib/util_sec.o: warning: this program uses setreuid(), which is deprecated.
smbd/filename.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
smbd/message.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
smbd/reply.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()

These may be specific to OpenBSD.

Comments?

Chris -)-----

--
             -- I have a shoehorn, the kind with teeth. --
                                  ---