Warnings under OpenBSD

Peter Galbavy Peter.Galbavy at knowledge.com
Tue Jun 8 10:10:53 GMT 1999

The OpenBSD ld has these message built in as warnings about "unsafe"
well known functions. There is various literature on the safe use (or
really the unsafe use) of at least these, plus strcpy/strcat et al.

I still don't understand the setre*() race condition, since the
OpenBSD "gurus" are too arogant to explain or document these. The
attitude is one of "if you don't understand it, don't ask the
question." The mktemp() replacement mkstemp() removes the race
condition my returning you a file handle rather than a file name to
then open().

--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd