NT file-permissions

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Wed Jul 21 14:23:09 GMT 1999

	Ennh... I don't think ACL representation that would preserve the NT
information mandates the use of the NT APIs themselves.  I don't see why we
can't do something much simpler (or at least cleaner), as long as it doesn't
lose information.  A more general approach than just copying the current
APIs is better is IMO better, lest we give ourselves even more to rewrite
every time Microsoft changes something.

	And I guess quite frankly, I'd just as soon not have the NT APIs
inflicted on me in Samba anyway; they're pretty horrid...