WINS replication

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Jan 31 12:25:20 GMT 1999

Hi all,

At 05:32 AM 1/31/99 +1100, you wrote:
>On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Gerald Carter wrote:
>
>> Has anyone every looked int o the protocol used for
>> WINS replication between two NT Servers? Just curious
>> how diffucult it would be.
>
>undocumented, undecoded my netmon (or at least what I'd looked)
>One part is on the MS-RPC/DCE wins pipe and an other on tcp/135 port, IIRC
>If the frames are obfuscated that's just a bit longer to decode :-)

Hmmm, I wonder if WINS replication uses the same techniques as SAM and
logon service replication for a PDC to BDC?

>	J.F.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba (Team member), Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, C, ...