samba client code broken

Beej bj at mcs.uts.edu.au
Sat Jan 30 13:36:15 GMT 1999

With the samba-2.0.0 release, I could successfully execute the commands:

smbclient //machine/c$ -W machine -U Administrator
and
smbsh -W machine -U Administrator

However these features fail with the 2.1.0-prealpha release, giving
me a permission denied error.

Is this a known problem?

On a side note, I'm developing code for a mysql interface for the
pwdb_ops functions ( based on 2.1.0-prealpha ), and if all goes well
some of the other operation groups too.

How does a pleb like me contribute code towards samba?

Bj