smbclient no longer respects the -p flag

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Jan 24 14:44:38 GMT 1999

Hi,

In the rush to get things out and convert smbclient to better code, we have
eliminated the ability of smbclient to connect on ports other than 139.

No big deal you say?  Well, lots of documentation claims that it listens to
the
-p flag, and I wanted to use it to test out a SSL proxy for accessing Samba
with SSL switched on, and found to my horror, it was ignored.

Hacked back in now in a gentle way.  Will upload fixes in a couple of weeks.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba (Team member), Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, C, ...