Configuration file - parameter order

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Feb 16 14:36:52 GMT 1999

At 09:47 PM 2/16/99 +1100, Peter Polkinghorne wrote:
>[posted to Samba mailing with no response - I concede posting before weekend
>on a busy list not the best strategy]
>
>I am using 1.9.18p10 under Solaris 2.5.1
>
>One thing I have discovered - not mentioned in documentation or John Blair's
>book - if you specify a parameter multiple times, only the last definition
is
>used.  This is a very useful feature.  For example:

Quick Gerry, make sure we mention it in our book, we've got a guaranteed
customer :-)

># site default
>	shared mem size = 204800
>
># pick up machine specific parameters:
>	include = /LOCAL/samba/smb.global.%h
>
>Then in say smb.global.cedar (ie for machine cedar):
>
># we need extra shared memory
>	shared mem size = 409600
>
>Now is this intended?
>
>Is it still true in 2.0.X?
>
>Is it documented?
>
>BTW this is based on simple experiments - so do let me know if untrue or
>random.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba (Team member), Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, C, ...