some Samba statistics utilities released

Peter Polkinghorne Peter.Polkinghorne at brunel.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 15:21:47 GMT 1999

[here follows the README - hope this is of use to some people]

Here are some small Samba utilities that I have writen and hope you
will find useful.  Currently work with Samba 1.9.18p10 under Solaris 2.5.1
The utilties are all writen in fairly vanilla Perl5 - we use 5.004_01.

Any customisation is clearly labelled - just modify the source.

Feedback welcome.  The programs are all GPLed and versioned.

File			Version	Description
samba-snap.pl		1.0	- produces 1 line summaries based on smbstatus
samba-snap-sum.pl	1.0	- summarises samba-snap.pl output
samba-syslog.pl		1.0	- summarises connects & closes from syslog

Source location: ftp://ftp.brunel.ac.uk/cc/peter/samba/

Tue 16 Feb 1999