take on future events

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Mon Feb 1 13:27:08 GMT 1999

Well now that would make more sense wouldn't it!  How about using CIFS instead
of NFS? It could be more self contained I would think.

  In my previous life I did some designs for military systems which are kind of
big on these kind of hot-standby systems. I'd be pleased to help out with the
coding if any help is needed.

Greg

On 01-Feb-99 Dan Kaminsky wrote:
>>Wouldn't the NFS server then become the single point of failure?
>
> The idea is to keep a local backup of the NFS'd file, and then to switch to
> it if the NFS'd file becomes unavailable to it.
>
>> Don't get me
>>wrong I like the master/standby thing.
>>
>>Greg

>>Greg Dickie