take on future events

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Feb 1 07:20:53 GMT 1999

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> >    * what about WINS replication (anyone interested
> >      on working on this?)
>
> is it really required ?

Not required, but would be nice for sites like mine.
The single WINS server become a point of failure.  For
fail over and load balanceing purposes, it becomes necessary
to have some sort of secondary server (an I really an
set against using NT for this one thing).

> Which new NT2000 features ?

I was thinking more of Active Directory. And user
managerment and validation.

> DFS support

I'm glad you guys reminded me of this one.  Had
forgotten about it.

                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )