major architectural "split"

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Dec 9 00:48:43 GMT 1999

Simon Murcott wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
>    i am not looking forward to having to modify 2.0.x and cvs main to do
>    this, but once it is done, it will DEFINITELY make development of samba
>    MSRPC services _so_ much easier.
>
> Might be best as a new feature for Samba 2.1 and 2.0 left as-is.

Indeed. Luke - this new code has to be *severly* examined
by someone other than you before we can possibly accept it.

This means security review, error return corrections (which
you admit you don't always do :-) and many other things.

No way can we just take this code sight unseen.

You are changing too much. You have done this before. Be
careful. This new code might be wonderful. It might not.
Until other Team members have reviewed the changes it is
too dangerous to accept into stable. Way too dangerous :-).

Jeremy.