FW: Samba NT Domain Controller code

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Aug 25 02:37:13 GMT 1999

Tim Potter wrote:

> I think the problem was that people who knew how to use CVS were
> unable to do so due to restrictive firewalls.

Yes.  I realize this, but once you stick a tarball out there,
these people will not be the only ones to get it.  I understand
the legitmate need for a tarball by people behind a firewall,
I'm just a little bit nervous about making so that everyone
can download it just like the **main** distribution.  Of
course, no one would ever download the HEAD branch tarball and
think they were getting a stable distribution right?  And no
one ever runs 2.0.x as a PDC right?

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )