querying an NT domain for a list of logged-in users

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Aug 17 17:59:14 GMT 1999

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Michael Glauche wrote:

> Is the only way to get the connection Status to parse the STATUS..LCK
> file ?

yep!!!

> I mean, the make_xxx_xxx_info_x() are inside smbd, is there some other
> (faster ?)
> way of getting this kind of information ?

nope!!!   remember, it's information across _multiple_ smbd processes.
the only way to get this stuff is from either shared memory or its
slow-equivalent, file-based.

[i'd like locking/shmem*.c to be sufficiently general so that we can
replace STATUS..LCK with proper shared memory library routines, but that
is a job for another day].

> And, if I code some functions for parsing STATUS..LCK, so that the
> code is shared between smbstatus and srv_srvsvc.c, where to put it ?
> :)

hmmmm... if it's going to be shared between smbstatus and rpcclient and
smbd, then in lib/

thanks michael!